Security and data protection
This site is maintained and operated by KOELNMESSE
Organização de Feiras LTDA. (“Koelnmesse”).
To ensure the success of the specialized services offered by us, we strive to collect only the essential information (“personal data”) about our customers and business partners who use our website (“users”). In doing so, we act as controller of these data and are subject to the provisions of Law No. 13.709/2018 (Brazilian General Law on Personal Data Protection – LGPD).
The protection of personal data is a matter taken very seriously. Our customers, business partners and employees should be aware of Koelnmesse’s policy regarding personal data, giving everyone the opportunity to decide how their data are collected, processed and used. Therefore, we make available this privacy and data protection policy, which contains important information about:
– What data we collect and what we do with it;
– Your rights with respect to your personal data; and
– How to contact us.
1. Data we collect and reasons for collecting it
Our website collects and uses some personal data from our users, according to this section.
1. Personal data expressly provided by the user
We collect the following personal data that our users expressly and voluntarily provide to us when using our website:
• Full name
• Company name
• E-mail address
• Phone number
• Contact message
The collection of these data occurs at the following moments:
• When the user uses the contact form
• When the user subscribes to the newsletter (event and market news)
• When the user creates an account in our e-shop
• When the user sends us the registration form for visitor or exhibitor
• When the user enters a contest
• When the user registers in person at the exhibition center or as part of a survey
The data provided by our users are collected for the following purposes:
• So that the user can acquire our services
• So that the user can contact us
• So that we can send news to our users
• To plan the user’s visit to the fair, as we can provide him/her with specific information in preparation for the event
• By registration of the user as a visitor for certain events and to receive all the benefits to which the user is entitled through the online ticket purchase
• So that the user can receive personal messages and offers from our company or exhibitors
• To carry out market surveys to offer the best services and customer service and to optimize our offers.
2. Personal data obtained in other ways
We collect the following personal data from our users:
• Geolocation data
• Date, time and duration of your visit to one of our web pages
• The IP number that has been assigned to the user by his/her internet service provider
• The website the user is visiting
• The tool (i.e. browser, operating system) used by the user to access the website
• The terms the user used in search engines and for website search
• Whether a website has been successfully accessed or not
• What information was obtained (including downloads)
• From which server the user accessed the website
• The collection of these data occurs at the following moments:
• When the user logs in and logs out of the site
• When the user uses the site
• These data are collected for the following purposes:
• To customize the user experience
• Get to know our users better and put them in contact with our partners and important exhibitors
• Provide even greater support for the user’s next participation in the fair.
3. Sensitive data
No sensitive data will be collected from our users, understood as those defined in arts. 11 and following of the Brazilian Personal Data Protection Law. Thus, no data will be collected on racial or ethnic origin, religious conviction, political opinion, union membership or membership in an organization of religious, philosophical or political character, data concerning health or sexual life, genetic or biometric data, when linked to a natural person.
4. Collection of data not expressly provided for
In any case, users of the site will be informed about the collection of data and the resulting processing activities.
Some pages of our website may also store cookies, which consist of small files installed by websites on computers when the internet browser is used. These files allow the identification of characteristics and information about the user, such as, for example, if the same device has visited the site before, which pages have been accessed.
If you do not wish to receive cookies, select the ‘Help’ option to find out how to disable all cookies or receive a warning before the cookie can be saved. If you want to learn more about cookies, go to: www.cookiecentral.com
3. Sharing personal data with third parties
Koelnmesse may periodically receive your personal data from third parties. This may occur, for example, when personal information is forwarded by associations, exhibitors, foreign representatives, chambers of commerce and industry or business address agents. If you do not want personal data that has not been sent directly to our company to be used, please contact the address in section 10 below and notify us of this.
Koelnmesse will forward your personal data to a third party if it is necessary for processing your purchases, organizing your participation in the trade fair or billing service purposes.
Visitors to events organized by Koelnmesse will have their data forwarded to exhibitors, associations or third parties under the following conditions:
The visitor to the trade fair has not disagreed to or, if necessary, given permission to have his/her data forwarded to exhibitors, associations or third parties
Before forwarding the data to exhibitors, associations or outsourcing companies based abroad, we always check whether the data protection regulations in the recipient’s country are equivalent to those in Brazil and Germany. If not, the recipient is obliged to contractually guarantee Koelnmesse that the applicable data protection regulations will be met.
When Koelnmesse sells a trade fair to another company, personal data that are directly related to the event can be forwarded to the buyer.
Our foreign representatives and our service partners in Germany and abroad are contractually bound to comply fully with the regulations and guidelines regarding data protection and data security.
Koelnmesse does not sell or transfer your personal data to third parties for any other reason.
4. How long will your personal data be stored
Personal data collected by the website are stored and used for a period of time that corresponds to that necessary to achieve the purposes listed in this document and that considers the rights of their holders, the rights of the website controller and the applicable legal or regulatory provisions.
Once the periods of storage of personal data have expired, they are removed from our databases or anonymized, except in cases where there is the possibility or need for storage by virtue of legal or regulatory provision.
5. Legal basis for the processing of personal data
The legal basis for the processing of personal data is the basis provided by law, which justifies the processing of personal data of the users of the website. Therefore, every personal data processing operation must have a corresponding legal basis.
We process the personal data of our users in the following cases:
– with the consent of the owner of the personal data
– for the controller’s compliance with legal or regulatory obligations
The user consents to the use and treatment of his/her personal data, for the purposes set out in Sections 1 and 2 above, subject to the other stipulations of this policy.
The user may revoke his/her consent at any time, and if there is no legal base that allows or requires the storage of the data, the data provided will be deleted.
Furthermore, the user may not agree to any personal data processing operation based on his/her consent, if he/she wishes. In these cases, however, it is possible that the user will not be able to use any functionality of the site that depends on that operation. The consequences of the lack of consent for a specific activity are informed prior to the processing.
2. Compliance with legal or regulatory obligation by the controller
Some personal data processing operations, especially data storage, will be carried out so that we can fulfill obligations stipulated by law or other normative provisions applicable to our activities.
6. User rights
The user of the site has the following rights, conferred by the Personal Data Protection Law:
– confirmation of the existence of personal data treatment;
– access to data;
– correction of incomplete, inaccurate or outdated data;
– anonymization, blocking or elimination of unnecessary or excessive data or data treated in disagreement with the provisions of the law;
– portability of data to another service or product provider, upon express request, in accordance with the regulations of the Brazilian national authority, observing commercial and industrial secrets;
– deletion of personal data processed with the consent of the owner, except in cases provided for by law;
– information from public and private entities with which the controller has made shared use of data;
– information about the possibility of not providing consent and the consequences of the negative;
– revocation of consent.
If you have informed us of your personal data, we will provide you with adequate access to the information we have stored about you so that you can make changes or even delete you personal data. You can request a copy of your profile by using the address that can be found below (Section 10).
In this case, to ensure that the user who intends to exercise his/her rights is, in fact, the holder of the personal data subject of the request, we may request documents or other information that may assist in his/her proper identification in order to safeguard our rights and the rights of third parties. This will only be done if absolutely necessary and the applicant will receive all related information.
7. Security measures when processing personal data
We employ technical and organizational measures to protect the personal data of our users.
The measures we use take into account the nature of the data, the context and purpose of the processing, the risks that a possible violation would generate for the rights and freedoms of the user, and the standards currently employed in the market by companies similar to ours.
Among the security measures adopted by us, we highlight the following:
– Use of secure servers, firewalls and encryption of financial data
– Limitation of access to our users’ data, so that unauthorized third parties cannot access them
– Maintenance of the records of all those who have, in some way, contact with our data.
Even by taking all measures that are at your disposal to avoid security incidents, it is possible that some problem may occur motivated exclusively by a third party – as in the case of hacker or cracker attacks, or even in the case of exclusive faul of the user, which occurs, for example, when he/she himself/herself transfers his/her data to a third party. In those exceptional cases over which we have no control, Koelnmesse disclaims any liability.
In any case, should any type of security incident occur that could generate relevant risk or damage for any of our users, we will inform those affected and the Brazilian National Data Protection Authority about it, in accordance with the provisions of the Brazilian General Data Protection Law.
8. Complaint to the Control Authority
Without prejudice to any other way of administrative or judicial appeal, the holders of personal data who feel, in any way, injured, may submit a complaint to the Brazilian National Data Protection Authority.
9. Changes in this policy
We reserve the right to modify this policy at any time, especially to adapt it to any changes made to our website, either by making new features available, or by deleting or modifying those that already exist.
Whenever there is a modification, our users will be notified about the change.
10. How to contact us
E-mail: [email protected]
Postal address: Av Francisco Matarazzo, 1752 – Conjunto 1704 – Perdizes , São Paulo / SP – Zip Code 05001-200 – Brazil